Job Vacancy: Full time researcher.
Location: Syrian Center for Policy Research.
Application deadline: Friday, 22 November 2019
The Syrian Center for Policy research (SCPR) is an independent, policy research Center working to bridge the gap between research and the policy making process. SCPR has over 9 years of experience in public policy-oriented research, based on participatory evidence-based policy dialogue the Center has been addressing key social, economic and development challenges for Syria and the region. SCPR diagnoses the dynamics of the conflict and provide policy alternatives to counter the root of conflict and injustice and create inclusive and representative institutions. Our areas of expertise including macroeconomic performance, multidimensional poverty, Social Capital, the political economy of food security, population status and its main challenges including economic, social and institutional aspects, refugee’s economic participation in the host countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting desk research and literature reviews related to SCPR projects;
- Research, planning, and implementation of SCPR activities including field work, research interviews, and consultation meetings;
- Data entry, including transcription of interviews, writing reports in a timely manner;
- Conduct data analysis with the support of the research team;
- Writing papers and reports, preparing presentations for events, round table discussions and developing event summaries, as required;
- Assist with the organization of meetings, workshops, lectures, and conferences related to SCPR project;
- Keep records of all relevant documents (hard and soft copies);
- Assist lead investigators and project coordinators in other relevant tasks, including by providing administrative support when necessary.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, political science, international development, social sciences or a relevant field. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree with relevant research experience will also be considered;
- 1 to 3 years work experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research and reporting;
- Excellent command of English and Arabic is a must (spoken, read and written);
- Prior research experience in Arabic is a plus; prior experience conducting research in or about the Middle East is a plus;
- Good written, analytical, organizational and communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and efficiently;
- Experience using NVivo, SPSS or other data analysis programs is a plus.
- Attention to details;
- Planning and organizing capacity; capacity to meet deadlines, achieving results and adaptive to the volume of work;
- Initiative and problem solving; take objective, ethical and transparent decisions.
Interested candidates please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for.
After reviewing your CV, we will contact you individually to submit further references. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.