Job Vacancy: Finance Officer
Location: Syrian Center for Policy Research_ Beirut – Lebanon
Application deadline: Friday, 29 November 2019
The Syrian Center for Policy research (SCPR) is an independent, policy research Center working to bridge the gap between research and the policy making process. SCPR has over 9 years of experience in public policy-oriented research, based on participatory evidence-based policy dialogue the Center has been addressing key social, economic and development challenges for Syria and the region. SCPR diagnoses the dynamics of the conflict and provide policy alternatives to counter the root of conflict and injustice and create inclusive and representative institutions. Our areas of expertise including macroeconomic performance, multidimensional poverty, Social Capital, the political economy of food security, population status and its main challenges including economic, social and institutional aspects, refugee’s economic participation in the host countries.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the bookkeeping and other financial and administrative matters. He/she works under the supervision and in close coordination with the Program manager.
- Performs and manages the day-to-day financial and accounting operations, including bookkeeping, cash book and all other records as required, and Prepares monthly accounting and reconciliation reports;
- To ensure proper accounting and administration of funds;
- Design budget proposals and Monitors and calculates project budget;
- Supports the financial audit processes through the preparation of standard reports as well as other custom reports as requested;
- Ensures that all finance operations are performed in accordance with SCPR guidelines and donors’ regulations;
- Reviews all payment documents for proper and adequate payment and accounting as per SCPR guidelines;
- Monitor the level of spending in all ongoing projects;
- Perform all bank related duties and liaises with bank officials in order to ensure uninterrupted bank services;
- Ensures adequate cash balance is available in bank for smooth function of activities;
- Safe custody of the financial documents and date;
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with regulations and other legal requirements;
- Review exiting financial policies and assess the financial management gaps and needs;
- Amend and develop financial policies and guidelines and tools based on needs;
- Develop templates and tools to facilitate the implementation of the financial system;
- Assist in the Implementation of the financial management system.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in an accounting / finance position, preferably in an NGO;
- Bachelor degree in finance and accounting or a related subject from recognized college/ university;
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and procedures;
- Computer skills with significant experience in excel, and accounting system;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English;
- Acts with integrity and transparency in all decision-making processes, pays attention to details;
- proven time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work accurately under pressure;
- Attention to details;
- Planning and organizing capacity; capacity to meet deadlines, achieving results and adaptive to the volume of work;
- Initiative and problem solving; take objective, ethical and transparent decisions.
- The Syrian Center for Policy research (SCPR) finance officer position is a part-time contract (conditions to be discussed).
Interested candidates please send your CV to: [email protected] and mention clearly in the subject the position applying for.
After reviewing your CV, we will contact you individually to submit further references. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.