Job Title: Communication officer at SCPR
Date of publication: 01-06-2023
Start date: Immediate\ASAP
To apply, fill in the information in along with your CV and a sample of your work through the following link.
The Syrian Center for Policy Research (SCPR) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit think tank dedicated to bridging the gap between research and policymaking processes. With over twelve years of experience in public policy-oriented research, SCPR aims to foster a participatory evidence-based policy dialogue that promotes sustainable, inclusive, and human-centered development. In every project, we actively engage all stakeholders and strengthen local capacities to achieve sustainable development and enhance social cohesion.
Job Purpose and responsibilities:
The communication officer plays a crucial role in supporting the program functions of the organization. The responsibilities include the development of multimedia materials, managing social media content, and conducting outreach activities on behalf of the organization.
- Generate content to enhance the visibility of SCPR’s research papers, workshops, and training initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the research team to plan and develop various communication outputs such as case studies, blogs, impact stories, press releases, and multimedia content, highlighting key outputs and activities.
- Take the lead in producing outreach products, including videos, reports, and infographics, aligned with program and organizational objectives, while ensuring adherence to SCPR’s values. Coordinate with the program team on design and publication of materials.
- Develop a bi-monthly podcast that covers SCPR’s research interests, as well as featuring the work of partner institutions and colleagues affiliated with the center.
- Manage SCPR’s social media accounts, including creating the relevant materials, responding to inquiries, and overseeing communications through these channels.
- Ensure the implementation of SCPR’s social media policies and prepare monthly reports on the reach and impact of SCPR’s social media presence.
- Provide support in the creation of annual reports that showcase the organization’s sectoral knowledge, expertise, approach, values, and insights.
Required knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Hold relevant post-secondary qualifications, preferably in media and communications.
- Demonstrate experience in designing and implementing communication strategies, particularly in the context of research centers and civil society.
- Exhibit strong written and oral communication skills.
- Have experience in online podcast recording and post-production.
- Possess excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of Arabic and English.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Syria and the surrounding region.
- Display the ability to establish productive working relationships with colleagues and effectively contribute as a team member.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and respond flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the conflict-affected countries.
- Ability to operate effectively in a challenging environment.
Contract duration: 6 months contract, possible extension.
Start date: Immediate\ASAP
To apply, send a covering letter in English or Arabic demonstrating how you meet the requirements, and your CV, to [email protected] with the subject “Communication officer.” or fill the following form: